Just Call Me Martha's Note:
A nice spring risotto dish. Wonderful mix of flavours. Be sure to use young asparagus. From Food and Drink Magazine Spring 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
- 4 teaspoons roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 -6 cups vegetable stock or 5 -6 cups chicken stock, heated
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 3/4 cup young tender asparagus, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Melt 3 Tbsp butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots and cook until soft, but not brown.
- 3Stir in rice and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add garlic, wine and 1/2 cup of hot stock and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed.
- 5Continue adding small amounts of stock and cook in this manner, stirring constantly, until the rice is creamy, yet the kernels are firm at the centre, about 18 minutes.
- 6When done, stir in remaining butter, cheese, lemon zest, asparagus and chives.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve in warm bowls, sprinked with garnish.
- 9(To roast the garlic, cut off top of bulb, revealing tops of cloves inside. Drizzle with olive oil, season lightly. Seal bulb in foil and roast in 350 oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until garlic is soft when squeezed.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus, Roasted Garlic and Lemon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: