Vino Girl's Note:
I found this in the Green Bay Press-Gazette, although it credits the California Asparagus Commission as the source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put asparagus into a large skillet of salted, boiling water.
- 2Return to a boil; boil about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 3Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- 4Cut into 1-inch lengths; set aside.
- 5In a small saucepan, bring broth to a simmer; reduce to lowest heat and keep warm.
- 6In a larger saucepan, sauté shallot in olive oil over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until soft.
- 7Stir in rice to coat.
- 8Cook rice, stirring constantly, until rice is opaque (1-2 minutes).
- 9Stir in lemon zest.
- 10Deglaze with white wine, stirring constantly.
- 11Stir in 1/2 cup hot broth, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until broth has been absorbed and mixture thickens.
- 12Simmer the risotto; adjust heat as necessary.
- 13Continue process, using a half-cup of hot broth at a time, making sure the rice absorbs the liquid before adding more.
- 14Continue adding broth until it's all used.
- 15When rice is just tender, stir in reserved asparagus and shrimp.
- 16Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp is pink.
- 17The risotto should be very creamy, and not soupy nor sticky.
- 18Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto With Shrimp and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 639.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 23.8 g