1/2 Photos of Asparagus Risotto With Pine Nuts
A deliciously creamy risotto highlighting the first spring asparagus, the pine nuts give a great crunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 5 cups vegetable broth (approximately)
- more water or broth, as needed
- 1On medium heat, add butter and olive oil to pan and swirl until entire pot is coated.
- 2At the same time, bring broth to a simmer in a separate pot.
- 3Add onion and stir; sauté for 2 minutes.
- 4Add chopped rosemary, Italian parsley, and pine nuts.
- 5Sauté for 3 more minutes.
- 6Add garlic and rice and sauté for 1 more minute.
- 7Be sure not to let the garlic brown.
- 8Add the wine and cook until absorbed, about 30 seconds.
- 9Add ¾ of the simmering broth and stir.
- 10Watch over rice carefully.
- 11When most liquid has been absorbed, add the rest of the broth.
- 12Simmer the rice for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 13(NOTE: If the rice begins to stick to the bottom of your pan, add more water, 1/2 cup at a time until absorbed. You need to add more water if no liquid is visible in the pan, 1/2 cup water until absorbed.) Meanwhile, wash, trim asparagus and discard ends.
- 14Cut off asparagus tips.
- 15Chop remaining asparagus stalks into bite sized pieces.
- 16Add ½ of the stalks and stir, continue simmering for another 5 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- 17Add asparagus tips and continue stirring often, adding more liquid as needed, cooking until rice is tender and mixture is creamy; about 8-10 more minutes.
- 18Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and cream and stir.
- 19When blended, remove from heat.
- 20Serve with salt, pepper and additional Parmesan to taste.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto With Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.5
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 330.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: