This is a terrific dish, and by adding the asparagus late it stays firm, not soggy.
Make and share this Asparagus Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the onions on medium-low heat.
- Cook for 4 minutes, then add the garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add the rice.
- Stir until well coated.
- Add 1/2 cup of stock to the rice, stirring until absorbed.
- Then add the asparagus.
- Continue adding the stock in 1/2 cup increments, stirring after each addition until the stock has been absorbed.
- (Should take about 20-25 minutes.) Add the cream, cheese, and basil stirring gently to combine.