1/2 Photos of Asparagus Risotto
Creamy risotto is comfort food whether it's a side dish or a main dish. I love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan bring at least 5 cups salted water to a boil and add the asparagus.
- 2Cook 4 minutes.
- 3Drain, reserving 3+1/2 cups cooking liquid.
- 4Place asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- 5Drain and cut the tips off the asparagus.
- 6Cut the stalks into 1/4 inch rounds.
- 7Keep tips and stalks separate.
- 8Place chicken broth and reserved cooking liquid in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 9Reduce heat to low.
- 10In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- 11Add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- 12Add rice and continue sauteing 2 minutes, stirring.
- 13Add 3/4 c hot liquid and simmer, stirring frequently, until is absorbed.
- 14Add asparagus rounds and 3/4 cup hot liquid.
- 15Simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- 16Continue adding hot liquid, 3/4 cup at a time, simmering and stirring frequently, until rice is cooked and liquid has been absorbed.
- 17Mix in the reserved asparagus tips, butter and grated cheese.
- 18Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 19Place into serving bowls and top with shaved Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 200.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g