My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 7 ounces risotto rice (arborio)
- 9 fluid ounces white wine
- 18 fluid ounces hot vegetable stock
- 1 bunch asparagus spear, blanched, chopped with tips
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1For the risotto, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- 2Add the rice and fry for one minute, stirring frequently, until coated in the oil.
- 3Add the wine and simmer until absorbed by the rice.
- 4Add the hot vegetable stock a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed, until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.
- 5Add the asparagus, but not the tips, butter and parmesan, season to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- 6To serve, divide the risotto equally among two serving dishes and top with dressed roquette and the asparagus tips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 229.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: