Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Asparagus Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 7 ounces risotto rice (arborio)
- 9 fluid ounces white wine
- 18 fluid ounces hot vegetable stock
- 1 bunch asparagus spear, blanched, chopped with tips
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the risotto, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- Add the rice and fry for one minute, stirring frequently, until coated in the oil.
- Add the wine and simmer until absorbed by the rice.
- Add the hot vegetable stock a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed, until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the asparagus, but not the tips, butter and parmesan, season to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- To serve, divide the risotto equally among two serving dishes and top with dressed roquette and the asparagus tips.
Excellent way to combine asparagus and risotto! Loved this recipe. The only change I made was to use pecorino instead of parmesan cheese. Will make this again! Thanks for posting :)
Made for Come To A Garden Party / Diabetes Forum