Recipe by PanNan
This is delicious served with a nice baked chicken or veal roast.
Top Review by tampacountess
Fixed this yesterday, and all I can say is wonderful, superb, tasty, etc. etc. DH and I loved it, and since it's just the two of us we have some leftovers. I followed the recipe exactly, and although it does take a little time, there is nothing difficult about it. I will definitely fix this again. Thanks for a great treat.
- 680.38 g asparagus
- 1182.95 ml canned low sodium chicken broth (about)
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 large onion
- 473.18 ml arborio rice or 473.18 ml medium-grain white rice
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim rough ends from asparagus; discard.
- Cut off asparagus tips and reserve.
- Cut stalks into 3/4 inch-long pieces.
- Place 2/3 of stalk pieces, 1 cup broth and 1 cup water in blender, reserving the remaining 1/3 of stalk pieces.
- Puree mixture until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice and stir 1 minute.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and chopped rosemary, simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes, adding more broth by 1/2 cupfuls and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more, stirring often.
- Add reserved asparagus stalk pieces and reserved asparagus tips and continue cooking until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy; adding broth as needed and stirring often, about 10 minutes longer.
- Add reserved asparagus puree and stir until absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer risotto to bowl.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Serve, passing remaining Parmesan separately.