1/3 Photos of Asparagus Risotto
This is delicious served with a nice baked chicken or veal roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs asparagus
- 5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth (about)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups arborio rice or 2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (to garnish)
- 1Trim rough ends from asparagus; discard.
- 2Cut off asparagus tips and reserve.
- 3Cut stalks into 3/4 inch-long pieces.
- 4Place 2/3 of stalk pieces, 1 cup broth and 1 cup water in blender, reserving the remaining 1/3 of stalk pieces.
- 5Puree mixture until smooth.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Add onion and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 9Add rice and stir 1 minute.
- 10Add wine and cook until absorbed, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- 11Add 1/2 cup broth and chopped rosemary, simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- 12Continue to cook for 15 minutes, adding more broth by 1/2 cupfuls and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more, stirring often.
- 13Add reserved asparagus stalk pieces and reserved asparagus tips and continue cooking until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy; adding broth as needed and stirring often, about 10 minutes longer.
- 14Add reserved asparagus puree and stir until absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- 15Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan and cream.
- 16Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 17Transfer risotto to bowl.
- 18Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- 19Serve, passing remaining Parmesan separately.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 355.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: