This is delicious served with a nice baked chicken or veal roast.
Make and share this Asparagus Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth (about)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups arborio rice or 2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (to garnish)
- Trim rough ends from asparagus; discard.
- Cut off asparagus tips and reserve.
- Cut stalks into 3/4 inch-long pieces.
- Place 2/3 of stalk pieces, 1 cup broth and 1 cup water in blender, reserving the remaining 1/3 of stalk pieces.
- Puree mixture until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice and stir 1 minute.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed, stirring often, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and chopped rosemary, simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes, adding more broth by 1/2 cupfuls and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more, stirring often.
- Add reserved asparagus stalk pieces and reserved asparagus tips and continue cooking until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy; adding broth as needed and stirring often, about 10 minutes longer.
- Add reserved asparagus puree and stir until absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer risotto to bowl.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
- Serve, passing remaining Parmesan separately.
Fixed this yesterday, and all I can say is wonderful, superb, tasty, etc. etc. DH and I loved it, and since it's just the two of us we have some leftovers. I followed the recipe exactly, and although it does take a little time, there is nothing difficult about it. I will definitely fix this again. Thanks for a great treat.
OUTSTANDING! Risotto is a bit labor intensive but this recipe is well worth the work. The rosemary adds a hint of flavor and the parmesan is the perfect accompaniment. I did have to cook mine a little longer for the puree to absorb but other than that everything was perfect. I will definately make this over and over!!
All I have to say is this recipe is GENIUS! I think it was the best risotto I've had in a very long time. I actually did a few changes to make it vegan. I swapped the cream for a soy creamer & skipped out on the parm & used a homemade veg broth I always keep on hand. I loved the quick painless asparagus puree and I added to the onion mushrooms & when I added the rosemary I also added lemon zest and 2 garlic cloves minced with a microplane. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a PERFECT & user friendly recipe.