1/1 Photo of Asparagus Risotto
We love risotto and so I try many different versions. This is one of our favorites. I usually reduce the amount of butter without much difference to the dish overall, and often times add whatever else I have in the refrigerator. From Bon Appetit, May 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (about 3 ounces)
- 1Blanch asparagus pieces in large pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes.
- 3Rinse asparagus under cold water.
- 4Drain asparagus well.
- 5Bring chicken broth to simmer in small saucepan.
- 6Reduce heat to low and keep broth hot.
- 7Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 9Add rice and stir 3 minutes.
- 10Add dry white wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- 11Continue cooking until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring almost constantly, about 20 minutes.
- 12Add blanched asparagus pieces and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Add 6 tablespoons butter and stir until incorporated.
- 15Stir in grated Parmesan cheese.
- 16Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.4
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 518.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 21.2 g