Recipe by Mme M
From the Tucson restaurant, NoRTH Modern Italian Cuisine. Use green or white asparagus.
- 1 lb arborio rice
- 6 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, small diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, medium diced
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups water
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 ounces butter in a large pot and lightly sauté diced onion until translucent. Add rice and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour wine into rice and onion mixture. Reduce by half and slowly add stock while constantly stirring rice until al dente. At this point, add diced asparagus and continue to cook until rice texture is to your liking. When risotto is cooked, finish with the rest of the butter and the Parmesan for a creamy rich texture.