Recipe by Baby Kato
This was one of my dad's recipes. You can always freeze unused parts of the asparagus for soup or stir frys. This is a quick and easy risotto to make. No fuss no muss you make it in the microwave in one dish. Very, very tasty. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do.
Top Review by Annacia
This was the perfect side for lemon herb chicken breasts. The arborio came out fluffy and tender but not mushy. I used the veggie broth. This recipe could easily be the star of the table, it has wonderful flavor and the asparagus was cooked beautifully. What a treat! The parm is a must in my opinion. I didn't have any mushrooms but they will be added the next time I make this. :D
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups arborio rice, italian risotto rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a 3 quart dish, combine onion, mushrooms, oil and butter.
- Cover and place in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, broth, wine and turmeric.
- Cover again and microwave on high for 15 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Next, stir rice mixture and microwave on high uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Now with a fork toss the asparagus into the rice.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the rice from the microwave and let stand (covered), for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese with fork and season with salt and pepper.