Recipe by Oolala
From Cooking Light magazine, July, 2007. This is what the magazine says" "Creamy goat cheese crowns a refreshingly bracing salad. Because the asparagus is shaved, it does not have to be cooked. Thick asparagus spears work best when it comes to making ribbons like these." Serving size is 1/2 a cup.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, large and trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled, about 2 oz
Directions See How It's Made
- Hold each asparagus spear by the tip end and shave the spear into ribbons with a vegetable peeler to measure 3 cups.
- Reserve the tips for another use.
- Combine the ribbons and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Combine chives and the next 6 ingredients (everything but the goat cheese), stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over the asparagus mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Top with goat cheese.