Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a tasty little salad, with a fantastic dressing - love the goat cheese!!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1 x 1/4 nch strips
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed of tough ends and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medum shallot, sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into small chunks
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until beginning to smoke; add red pepper and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes, stirring only once after 1 minute. Add asparagus, 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper; cook until asparagus is browned and almost tender, about 2 minutes, stirring only once after 1 minute. Stir in shallot and cook until softened and asparagus is tender-crisp, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large plate and cool, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remainng 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoons pepper in medium bowl until combined. In large bowl, toss spinach with 2 tablespoons dressing and divide among salad plates. Toss asparagus mixture with remaining dressing and place a portion over spinach; divide goat cheese among salads and serve.