Recipe by Boca Pat
So simple and so good.
Top Review by The Mad Slovak
I didn't have pie crust on hand, so I took a gamble and added 3/4 cup of Bisquick to the egg mixture before pouring it all into a glass deep dish pie plate. I then topped it with just a light dusting of ground nutmeg. Other than this, I kept the recipe exactly as is and used the same baking times. It turned out VERY good. The combination of ingredients wed nicely with each other. The taragon added a special and wonderful flavor. I will make this recipe again and again!
- 12 thin asparagus spears
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small red pepper, julienned
- salt and pepper
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch asparagus spears in boiling water for 90 seconds. Refresh in cold water and cut in half; set aside.
- Blend together eggs, sour cream, cheese, mushrooms, and garlic tarragon. Add asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour ingredients into a 9-inch deep dish pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- Top with julienned red pepper and return to oven for 30-40 minutes.