Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet by Rose Elliott. Good for Phases 1, 2 and 3. This is a crustless quiche-perfect for all stages of low-carbing, and one of my favorites.
- 9 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the asparagus in a little boiling water for a few minutes until it's just tender; drain and place evenly in a quiche dish. Sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
- Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper. Pour over the asparagus and cheese, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set, risen and lightly browned.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.