Recipe by Bergy
AHhhhhSpring - these sandwiches will be appreciated, lovely light top instead of another slice of bread. Great for that bridge party lucheon. Kids love them too
- 6 slices bread, toasted on one side
- 6 slices processed cheese
- 24 asparagus spears, tough ends snapped
- 3 egg yolks, beaten until thick
- 3 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast one side of the bread slices and place a slice of processed cheese on the untoasted side of each bread slice, broil to partially melt the cheese and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile steam the asparagus for about 2 minutes (just heat them through).
- Place 4 hot asparagus on each slice on top of the cheese, leave the heads peeking out.
- Mix together the beaten egg yolks, salad dressing, Salt& pepper.
- Fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Distribute the egg mixture between the six sanwich halves (mound the mixture).
- Bake in 350F oven for apprx 13 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.