Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
So simple, so easy--and such good flavors. Delicious with a crisp rose. The fifteen minutes of prep is for boiling water and blanching the asparagus.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and blanched
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat an Omelette Pan on medium heat until the rim of the pan is hot-to-the-touch.
- Add the olive oil and heat for another minute.
- Add the garlic, shallots, tomatoes and asparagus.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Remove to a serving platter, garnish with the chiffonade of basil, and season with salt and pepper.
Very good! Used sage instead of basil because I didn't have any, but still worked.
Loved this recipe...I did add a little fresh oregano to it...Great way to serve asparagus...
Lovely, fresh flavors. We added some green beans because we only had about half a pound of asparagus. We also used sweet cherry tomatoes rather than romas simply b/c they were in season here. Light, flavorful and yummy!