So simple, so easy--and such good flavors. Delicious with a crisp rose. The fifteen minutes of prep is for boiling water and blanching the asparagus.
- Preheat an Omelette Pan on medium heat until the rim of the pan is hot-to-the-touch.
- Add the olive oil and heat for another minute.
- Add the garlic, shallots, tomatoes and asparagus.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Remove to a serving platter, garnish with the chiffonade of basil, and season with salt and pepper.
Loved this recipe...I did add a little fresh oregano to it...Great way to serve asparagus...
Lovely, fresh flavors. We added some green beans because we only had about half a pound of asparagus. We also used sweet cherry tomatoes rather than romas simply b/c they were in season here. Light, flavorful and yummy!
This was EXCELLENT! More than restaurant quality. If you love the ingredients...you won't be able to help but love this. I had a lot of very nice ripe sweet tomatoes available when I made this recipe so I ended up using about 8 tomatoes in this recipe (you can use as many as you want and I don't think it would hinder this recipe at all) and I increased the shallots and garlic. The fresh basil was perfect for this. I think even an asparagus hater couldn't help but love this because asparagus wasn't the overwhelming flavor in this. It was a nice blend of all ingredients. This was really great and will be a staple in my house.