Recipe by dojemi
Another wonderful luncheon or light dinner recipe from Redbook. Their instructions suggest preparing the asparagus one day; the filling the next day; and the phyllo the next day to simplify prep time.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1 cup minced scallion
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 8 lightly beaten eggs
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 phyllo pastry sheets
- butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and cook in boiling water 2 minutes; drain.
- Cut prosciutto into thin strips and cool in a nonstick skillet until crispy.
- ,5 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Cook scallions in oil in same skillet until softened, 2 minutes.
- Combine asparagus, prosciutto, scallions, eggs, cheese, half-and-half and black pepper in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Brush phyllo sheets with melted butter and overlap in a 10 inch pie plate; pour in egg mixture.
- Bunch edges of phyllo around rim of pie and bake at 350 degrees until set, 40 to 45 minutes.