1 hr 24 mins
Another wonderful luncheon or light dinner recipe from Redbook. Their instructions suggest preparing the asparagus one day; the filling the next day; and the phyllo the next day to simplify prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and cook in boiling water 2 minutes; drain.
- 2Cut prosciutto into thin strips and cool in a nonstick skillet until crispy.
- 3,5 minutes; remove from skillet.
- 4Cook scallions in oil in same skillet until softened, 2 minutes.
- 5Combine asparagus, prosciutto, scallions, eggs, cheese, half-and-half and black pepper in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- 6Brush phyllo sheets with melted butter and overlap in a 10 inch pie plate; pour in egg mixture.
- 7Bunch edges of phyllo around rim of pie and bake at 350 degrees until set, 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus-Prosciutto Tart
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.0
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 306.0 mg
- Sodium 465.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: