Recipe by Deantini
A sure hit for any gathering. Great as an appetizer and can be made ahead. The dressing makes the difference.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Straight to my Best of the Best file this goes! This recipe is so simple, yet it's special enough to serve guests. I loved the crispy prosciutto and the tomato relish. Gratzie! Made for ZWT7 and the Golden Gourmets.
- 453.59 g asparagus
- 4 slice prosciutto
- 1 tomatoes, diced finely
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 19.71 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml dried basil (or 1 tbsp fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; boil asparagus for 2 min max.
- Spread one slice of proscitto out and place approx 6 asparagus in the middle; roll proscitto slice around asparagus spears tightly.
- Repeat with remaining asparagus and proscitto.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and basil.
- Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheet and broil 6 inch from heat, turning halfway through until hot and prosciutto is crisp - about 6 minutes.
- Serve while hot with a couple of spoonful dressing on top.