Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Asparagus, prosciutto and arugula in a tender cheddar biscuit great way to indulge in a tasty, yet diabetic friendly breakfast. Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 2 carb., 1.5 medium-fat meat, 1 fat. From Spring 2013 Diabetic Living magazine.
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 4 eggs
- 4 cheddar biscuits (Cheddar Biscuits from Diabetic Living)
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 very thin slices prosciutto
- 6 teaspoons pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered large saucepan cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skilled with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add eggs; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are set and yolks start to thicken. Turn eggs over; cook 1 minute more or until desired doneness.
- Split each Cheddar Biscuit. Arrange arugula on bottoms of biscuits. Top with prosciutto. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top each sandwich with one-fourth of the cooked asparagus and one egg. If desired, springkle with black pepper. Top with biscuit tops.