Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This light dish would serve 2 as a main or 4 as an entree.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed,halved
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 500 g medium king prawns, peeled,deveined and cooked
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill leaves
- 40 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Cook the asparagus in a small pan of boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Drain and refresh under running cold water.
- Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Run a peeler down the length of the cucumber to form long ribbons.
- Add to the asparagus.
- Add prawns and dill dressing to asparagus and cucumber and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- DRESSING: Place all the ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake to combine.
I was not impressed with this salad at all. I thought the dressing was quite bland and had to spice it up. I added a tbsp of the coarse grain mustart, 1/4 tsp minced garlic, some red wine vinegar, and 1/8 tsp old bay seasoning. Thank you for a base recipe.
I took this to a party last weekend and everyone raved about it. It was so simple.
Yum EEE there is nothing more to say about this salad than that - super easy - mega taste. Wonderful.