1/4 Photos of Asparagus Popover
From the May 2008 issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. This is super easy and makes a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner. She suggests that for a change, you may want to sprinkle cooked bacon into the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, add 2 inched of salted water; bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Cut the spears crosswise into thirds.
- 5In a medium cast-iron skillet, add the butter.
- 6Place the skillet in the oven to melt the butter.
- 7In a medium bowl, microwave the milk on high for 30 seconds.
- 8Whisk in the eggs, then the flour, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- 9Add the asparagus pieces to the hot cast-iron skillet and pour the batter on top.
- 10Sprinkle with half of the cheese and bake until puffed and golden-brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 11Top with the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Popover
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 182.4 mg
- Sodium 497.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.4 g