Recipe by Bonnie G #2
When asparagus is in season bring out the phyllo and start baking this fresh and yummy dish
- 907.18 g asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 425.24 g ricotta cheese
- 236.59 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml lemon peel, grated
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 16 sheet phyllo dough, 14-inchx9-inch
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan bring 8 cups of water to boil.
- Add asparagus, cook uncovered 30 seconds or just until asparagus turns bright green.
- Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- In large bowl mix eggs cheeses and seasonings.
- Stir in almonds and asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brush a 13x9 inch baking dish with some of the butter.
- Unroll phyllo dough.
- Layer eight sheets of phyllo in prepared dish, brushing each with butter.
- Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to preven it from drying out.
- Spread ricotta mixture over phyllo layers.
- Top with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter.
- Cut into 12 rectangles.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.