Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
When asparagus is in season bring out the phyllo and start baking this fresh and yummy dish
Make and share this Asparagus Phyllo Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 16 sheets phyllo dough, 14-inchx9-inch
- In large saucepan bring 8 cups of water to boil.
- Add asparagus, cook uncovered 30 seconds or just until asparagus turns bright green.
- Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- In large bowl mix eggs cheeses and seasonings.
- Stir in almonds and asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brush a 13x9 inch baking dish with some of the butter.
- Unroll phyllo dough.
- Layer eight sheets of phyllo in prepared dish, brushing each with butter.
- Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to preven it from drying out.
- Spread ricotta mixture over phyllo layers.
- Top with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter.
- Cut into 12 rectangles.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.