1/2 Photos of Asparagus Phyllo Bake
1 hr 15 mins
Bonnie G #2's Note:
When asparagus is in season bring out the phyllo and start baking this fresh and yummy dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 sheets phyllo dough, 14-inchx9-inch
- 1In large saucepan bring 8 cups of water to boil.
- 2Add asparagus, cook uncovered 30 seconds or just until asparagus turns bright green.
- 3Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water.
- 4Drain and pat dry.
- 5In large bowl mix eggs cheeses and seasonings.
- 6Stir in almonds and asparagus.
- 7Preheat oven to 375.
- 8Brush a 13x9 inch baking dish with some of the butter.
- 9Unroll phyllo dough.
- 10Layer eight sheets of phyllo in prepared dish, brushing each with butter.
- 11Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to preven it from drying out.
- 12Spread ricotta mixture over phyllo layers.
- 13Top with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter.
- 14Cut into 12 rectangles.
- 15Bake 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Phyllo Bake
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.8
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g