These are great in spring or summer when fresh tomatoes and asparagus are plentiful. A lovely sandwich for lunch or a light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus spears and peel if needed. Steam spears, covered, for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2Preheat the broiler on the oven.
- 3Combine Miracle Whip and pesto in a small bowl and mix with a whisk until well blended.
- 4Spread the pesto-mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice.
- 5Place 8 spears of asparagus, 1 slice of ham, 2 tomato slices and 1 slice of cheese on top of each bread slice.
- 6Place sandwiches on a broiler pan or baking sheet and broil about 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- 7Remove from oven and sprinkle with pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Pesto Melts
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 859.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese