Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious version of a favorite pasta dish
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 16 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare asparagus by removing the tips, reserving, and chopping the stalks into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whisk together in a sauce pan flour and 1/2 c milk.
- Whisk in remaining milk, slowly bringing to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Stir in pesto, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1 cup.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chopped asparagus and saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute more.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Cover bottom with a layer of lasagna.
- Layer with 1/2 of the cooked asparagus, 3/4 c of mozzarella, and 1/2 of sauce.
- Top with a layer of lasagna, then with reserved sauce.
- Arrange asparagus tips over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.