Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not your traditional lasagna with a lot of tomato sauce or cheese its a little different
- lasagna noodle
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs asparagus spears, tips cut off and reserved, spears trimmed and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Whisk flour and 1/2 cup milk in saucepan until smooth. Gradually whisk remaining milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly and boil 1 minute or until thickened remove from heat. Stir in pesto, parmesan, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup white sauce.
- Warm oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped asparagus (not tips) and cook stirring often, 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Coat 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place layer of noodles in dish, overlapping slightly; layer with half cooked asparagus, 3/4 cup Fontina and half sauce. Add another layer of pasta, remaining cooked asparagus and 3/4 cup Fontina. Top with layer of noddles and with reserved cup of sauce. Arrange reserved asparagus tips on top and sprinkle with remaining Fontina.
- Bake, uncovered 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes and then serve with grated cheeses.
This is an old Veg Times recipe - but Veg Times had noodle information included.