1/6 Photos of Asparagus Pasta With Toasted Pecans
I recently had a back log of Southern Living Magazines waiting for me to go through. When I came across this pasta recipe, I just knew it was one I couldn't let get away without trying. I am posting it here so I will always know where to find it! This dish makes a great main course or side dish. I prepared this dish as soon as I had all the ingredients on hand and I have to say, it is as delicious as it sounds! This is a very easy recipe to add your desired amount of chicken or shrimp, if you like. I hope you think it looks as tempting as I did ; )!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and divided
- 1Prepare pasta according to package direction; rinse and drain.
- 2Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and slice into 2-inch pieces.
- 3Sauté asparagus in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat; 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in red bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 7Stir in salt and pepper.
- 8Toss together pasta, asparagus mixture, basil, 1/2 cup cheese, butter and 1/2 cup pecans.
- 9Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 1/2 cup pecans.
- 10Garnish if desired.
- 11Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Pasta With Toasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 628.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.8 g