Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really good pasta dish
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 20 fresh asparagus spears
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook pasta per packet directions.
- Trim ends off asparagus and cut each spear into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Plunge into pot of boiling salted water and cook till asparagus still has a'bite'.
- approx 4-5 minutes.
- Snip bacon rashers into small pieces and microwave till crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Drain pasta and asparagus into a colander.
- Return saucepan to the heat and add cream and sweet chilli sauce.
- Bring to boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return asparagus and pasta to the saucepan.
- Toss to mix well and divide into four serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and parsley to garnish.