Recipe by Evie*
Found this recipe in a magazine, lovely way to serve the new seasons asparagus.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was delightful, Eve. I steamed the fresh asparagus in my vegetable steamer, just until it reached that barely tender point. I also added a little garlic to the butter and then sauteed the asparagus. Made a very delicious meatless dinner. Really enjoyed it and left-overs were good the next day for lunch. Thanks.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb spinach pasta (I use tagliatelle)
- 4 ounces butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to, serve
Directions See How It's Made
- I have used 1 Tbsp hot olive oil in place of butter and mixed some fromage frais into pasta for a change.
- Boil or steam asparagus in lightly salted water until just tender (approx 8-10 minutes) Cook pasta in another large pan of boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium pan.
- Drain asparagus and cut spears in to short lengths, then add them to the butter.
- Add a little seasoning, then pour the asparagus mixture over the drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with dill and mix well.
- Serve at once with the grated Parmesan.