Recipe by BeckyF
This recipe was a happy accident. Add Salad and French Bread to make a meal.
Top Review by Prose
Thank you for posting this. I had a bunch of asparagus, a ton of pasta, and no idea what to make for dinner, so this was a lifesaver! It was easy and delicious. My DH enjoyed it too. We only wished it had been a tad creamier, so next time I might try reducing the broth and adding some cream at the end. I did try adding 1/2 cup frozen peas, which gave it some nice variety.
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ground sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Put broth in pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium high.
- Add asparagus and cook about 8 t0 10 minutes.
- Stir in half of parmesan cheese.
- (more if desired).
- Meanwhile, cook oil in medium fry pan, add sage.
- heat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add oil, sage and pasta to chicken broth.
- Garnish with sprigs of sage and Parmesan cheese.
- add pepper to taste.