Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious! Perfect to serve for a luncheon. This needs to chill for 2 hours before serving. The dressing is wonderful!
Top Review by Boomette
I added a little bit more of red bell pepper and mushrooms. I think I got too much parmesan dressing. When I tasted it, it was good. But 24 hours later, it is even more delicious. Thanks Kittencal :)
- 473.18 ml small shell pasta (uncooked)
- 680.38 g asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, discard tough ends
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 44.37 ml parsley, chopped
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 anchovy fillets, rinsed with cold water
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2.46-4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk (uncooked)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated if possible)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in water until firm-tender (do not overcook, leave firm!) drain, and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and plunge into very cold or ice water; drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend until well mixed (adjusting all ingredients to suit taste).
- Place the veggies and the cooked pasta shells in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over; toss well to coat.
- Add in slivered almonds and mix.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.