Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Delicious! Perfect to serve for a luncheon. This needs to chill for 2 hours before serving. The dressing is wonderful!
- 2 cups small shell pasta (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, discard tough ends
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 anchovy fillets, rinsed with cold water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated if possible)
- Boil pasta in water until firm-tender (do not overcook, leave firm!) drain, and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and plunge into very cold or ice water; drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend until well mixed (adjusting all ingredients to suit taste).
- Place the veggies and the cooked pasta shells in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over; toss well to coat.
- Add in slivered almonds and mix.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
I added a little bit more of red bell pepper and mushrooms. I think I got too much parmesan dressing. When I tasted it, it was good. But 24 hours later, it is even more delicious. Thanks Kittencal :)
I had remembered reading this recipe and it came to mind when I needed a creamy dressing for a shrimp caesar salad. Tossed some boiled shrimp with the dressing and served over lettuce. This was the tastiest salad, one which the whole family gobbled up! Thanks Kitten, for another fabulous recipe! Roxygirl