Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Delicious! Perfect to serve for a luncheon. This needs to chill for 2 hours before serving. The dressing is wonderful!
Top Review by Boomette
I added a little bit more of red bell pepper and mushrooms. I think I got too much parmesan dressing. When I tasted it, it was good. But 24 hours later, it is even more delicious. Thanks Kittencal :)
- 2 cups small shell pasta (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, discard tough ends
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 anchovy fillets, rinsed with cold water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated if possible)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in water until firm-tender (do not overcook, leave firm!) drain, and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender; drain and plunge into very cold or ice water; drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend until well mixed (adjusting all ingredients to suit taste).
- Place the veggies and the cooked pasta shells in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over; toss well to coat.
- Add in slivered almonds and mix.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.