1/2 Photos of Asparagus Pasta Salad With a Creamy Lemon Dressing
A nice twist on asparagus and pasta salad. A quick easy dish with a light lemony, tangy sauce, but very fast. Pair this along a grilled piece of fish or chicken breast and this makes this a very nice easy dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 2 lbs asparagus (ends removed and cut in 2-inch pieces on a angle)
- 1/2 cup scallion, cut on a angle in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I like sharp cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (to cook the pasta in)
- 1/2 lemon, thin sliced
- 1Dressing -- mix all the ingredients and set to the side until the pasta and asparagus are cooked.
- 2Salad -- In a large pot of salted water, boil the pasta according to directions. Approximately 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the asparagus until is comes out al dente. Now drain the pasta and asparagus. Rinse under cold water for just a few seconds to stop the cooking process and cool slightly.
- 3Combine -- Now toss the still slightly warm pasta with the dressing. Add in the scallions, extra salt and pepper and serve garnished with the cheese fresh lemon slices. A nice simple salad!
- 4Now this is a very light tasting salad with a very simple dressing. It doesn't have bold flavors, but subtle flavors which is a nice compliment to a fresh herb roasted chicken breast or piece of fish. This is all about fresh subtle flavors.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Pasta Salad With a Creamy Lemon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 1664.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: