1/1 Photo of Asparagus Pasta Salad -- Vegetarian
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this recipe comes from the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home Best Church Supper Recipes, but I've tweaked it to make it vegetarian. Preparation time includes neither the time needed for the asparagus to cool nor for the time for the finished salad to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, tops separated from stems
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-colored pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, cooked, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Kraft light zesty italian dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1Put the pieces of asparagus stem in a steamer basket & steam for 8 to 10 minutes before adding the top pieces, then steam another 5 to 7 minutes or until all is crisp-tender. Drain & cool.
- 2In a large bowl, combine asparagus & the remaining ingredients, tossing to coat.
- 3Cover & refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Pasta Salad -- Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Kraft light zesty italian dressing