Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love asparagus and here is a tasty recipe with a very tasty dressing.
- 2 cups small shell pasta (bow tie, wheels, etc)
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews or 2 tablespoons pecans or 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside. Cook asparagus to desired crispness, drain with cold water and set aside.
- FOR THE DRESSING: Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well. Combine salad ingredients and pour dressing over, toss well. Chill. Garnish with additional grated cheese.
- British Columbia Cuisine.