Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple orzo pasta dish
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sage leaf, plus sprigs
- Place pasta and broth in a 4-5 quart pan over high heat, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is barely tender to bite, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat, 3-4 minutes. Add sage leaves, stir often until edges begin to curl, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. With a slotted spoon, lift sage to a towel.
- Reserve oil.
- Crumble sage leaves; add sage and oil to pasta and mix.
- Garnish with sage sprigs. Add pepper to taste.
Great stuff! I added some onion and garlic and my boyfriend loved it.