Recipe by TxGriffLover
If you like asparagus, you'll love this recipe. From the Italian Inn Cookbook
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups asparagus tips
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces pkg fusilli, cooked (curly spaghetti)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over high heat. Add mushrooms, green onions, and garlic; saute until tender. Add asparagus tips, tomato, and ripe olives. Cook until tomato is heated through. Add Marsala wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- In small bowl, combine chicken broth, cornstarch, Italian seasonings, and black pepper until well blended. Add to vegetables in skillet. Cook until asparagus tips are tender and sauce thickens slightly.
- Divide fusili onto each of 4 serving plates. Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.