Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cooked mostaccioli pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- In a skillet, cook garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce in oil and butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and pepper.
- Saute until asparagus is crisp-tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with additional shredded parmesan if desired.
- Serve immediately.
I liked this... right amount of heat and a nice switch from red sauce pasta. I think I would use less oil, it seemed a bit heavy. I also added the parmesan once the pasta was on plates as suggested below, and I added some red bell pepper because I had it on hand. I felt like it needed a little something more, though. Perhaps fresh parsley or oregano. Cilantro for a different taste? I'll make this again but keep experimenting.
I go to law school, my boyfriend works late, but we like our homecooked meals and this was fantastic!! It cooks up so quick and is a healthy dish. I have made it once per the recipe and then once with chicken both times were great!
This was a great recipe! Will make again!