Recipe by Mirj
Since I started Somersizing I've been eating some of the best food around. I found this recipe at 3FatChicks.com and it's been one of my most recent favorites. The recipe originally should be for 4 servings, but I can eat this as a whole meal!
Top Review by Malriah
A very yummy way to cook asparagus. The fact that it is very easy to prepare is a definate plus. The lemon adds an interesting taste and the parmesan gets crunchy for added demension. I served it with grilled chicken and roasted new potatoes.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook asparagus in boiling, salted water for 5 to 7 minutes, or until al dente.
- Melt butter in ovenproof skillet.
- Add asparagus and saute for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, add salt and pepper, and bake for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to broiler and gratinee for 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.