Recipe by Fluffy
I got this from Cooking Light, Super fast suppers. Most any cheese will work in this recipe. Blue cheese and mozzarella are especially good options.
Top Review by Everything Sweet
Very easy to make. I would mention to make sure that if your pita bread is more bowl shaped, have that facing up so things won't fall off of it. Our pita was larger so we had to use a lot more ingredients, but it tasted great and we added a balsamic glaze after it came out of the oven. I think I am going to try this with other cheeses and meats!
- 2 cups sliced asparagus (2 inch)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 inch) pita bread
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Steam asparagus, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine oil and garlic.
- Brush over pitas.
- Arrange tomato slices and asparagus on pitas.
- Sprinkle with basil, pepper, and salt.
- Top evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden.