1/2 Photos of Asparagus Parmesan Garlic Spears
This is a wonderful recipe for asparagus, you can cook the asparagus hours or even a day in advance and refrigerate, just warm the spears slightly in the microwave before placing them in the baking dish and broiling them. Adjust the amount of garlic to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a shallow broiler-proof casserole dish.
- 2Cook the fresh asparagus in boiling lightly salted water until crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes) drain and plunge into cool water, drain again and pat dry well with paper towels.
- 3Arrange the asparagus spears in a buttered baking dish.
- 4Set oven to broil heat.
- 5In a bowl beat butter with Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic, lemon juice and black pepper until well combined, then season with salt.
- 6Dollup/drop the butter mixture over the asparagus in the baking dish by heaping teaspoonfuls.
- 7Broil until topping browns (watch closely to avoid burning!) about 2-3 minutes.
- 8Best served hot.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Parmesan Garlic Spears
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.2
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 434.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 12.6 g