Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy asparagus that is sauteed.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus spears, and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or to desired firmness.
- Drain off excess oil, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
This was good and easy to make. I did change it up just a bit. I used canned asparagus as the fresh didn't look good at the store. I also cooked the asparagus in the microwave so I didn't use the butter or oil. I added the salt and pepper, cooked and then added the shredded parmesan cheese and cooked until the cheese was melted. My kids normally don't eat asparagus but they did eat it tonight! Thanks Charlotte!
wonderful tasting, easy to fix, and I'll definately do it again and again. Didn't change a thing!
I cut back considerably on the amount of oil and cheese for this recipe, but liked the crispness of the asparagus. It is one of our favorite vegetables, and we are always on the lookout for variations for prep.