Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I really like this. A very good flavor
- 3 lbs asparagus
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- black pepper, to taste
- Break off tough ends of asparagus stalks.
- In small bowl beat the egg with the wine and set aside.
- In medium sized bowl; combine the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dip asparagus first in flour, then egg, then into the bread crumbs.
- Saute in olive oil for 10 minutes or until tender.
A nice way to jazz up asparagus. One of those dishes perfect for everyday or company fare. Thanks for sharing.
I had to try this and Im glad I did, I love the crunchy coating that this makes on the aspargus Very easy to make and will be served at our dinner table often, thanks Karen for another way for our family to enjoy a favorite vegetable!
I am so pleased to have found such a wonderful asparagus recipe! I increased the garlic powder and Parmesan cheese, and as Sharon, I could have eaten this myself also lol, it is that good! thanks for such great recipe Karen, this is a definate keeper!...Kitten:)