Recipe by Sharon123
Heavenly! This is my new favorite salad!
Top Review by Rita~
I added 2 more tablespoons of vinegar and added 2 cloves of mashed roasted garlic to the dressing.I skipped the cherries and sliced the red onions papers thin.I also added fresh parsley and basil. Was refreshingly delish!!!!!!!!A Great summer dish!Will be made again. Thank You Sharon!
- 1 lb medium asparagus
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small tomatoes, such as red,green zebra,or yellow,each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4 inch-thick wedges
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 6 slices country bread, 1/2 inch-thick,crust on,torn into 1 inch chunks (like French or Italian)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Break off and discard the tough ends of asparagus (I save for stock).
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; prepare an ice bath.
- Cook asparagus until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer immediately to ice bath.
- Drain; place on a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, and bread; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over asparagus mixture, and toss until well coated.
- Let sit until bread absorbs juices, and serve.