Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Heavenly! This is my new favorite salad!
Make and share this Asparagus Panzanella recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium asparagus
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small tomatoes, such as red,green zebra,or yellow,each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4 inch-thick wedges
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 6 slices country bread, 1/2 inch-thick,crust on,torn into 1 inch chunks (like French or Italian)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Break off and discard the tough ends of asparagus (I save for stock).
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; prepare an ice bath.
- Cook asparagus until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer immediately to ice bath.
- Drain; place on a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, and bread; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over asparagus mixture, and toss until well coated.
- Let sit until bread absorbs juices, and serve.