Heavenly! This is my new favorite salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium asparagus
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small tomatoes, such as red,green zebra,or yellow,each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4 inch-thick wedges
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 6 slices country bread, 1/2 inch-thick,crust on,torn into 1 inch chunks (like French or Italian)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Break off and discard the tough ends of asparagus (I save for stock).
- 2Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; prepare an ice bath.
- 3Cook asparagus until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer immediately to ice bath.
- 5Drain; place on a clean kitchen towel.
- 6In a large bowl, combine asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, capers, and bread; toss to combine.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour vinaigrette over asparagus mixture, and toss until well coated.
- 9Let sit until bread absorbs juices, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Panzanella
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.3
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 637.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g