Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent side dish
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, rinsed, broken into 2 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen white corn, defrosted
- Place asparagus in a long strip of foil. Form package by folding, starting lengthwise, then fold each end to seal. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (or at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes) or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, pour oil and heat.
- Add red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until slightly tender.
- Remove to a bowl. To same skillet add garlic and ginger root, again over medium heat, and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add water mixture, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, brown sugar and salt. Cook, still over medium heat, for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add defrosted white corn to sweet red peppers and stir.
- Carefully remove packet from oven; open one end and drain off liquid. Place in a bowl with pepper/corn mixture and pour skillet contents over bowl contents.