Recipe by Annacia
If your looking for something fresh that celebrates the arrivial of Spring, this is it! Be sure to use softer fresh Parmesan from the deli so that it will be able to melt nicely if at all possible.
Top Review by breezermom
I love asparagus, and this version is delicious....I reduced the cooking time because I noticed my asparagus getting too done...my stove cooks really fast. I loved the combination of asparagus and grape tomatoes. I'll add a little garlic next time, because I tend to add it to everything. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (can use as much more as you would like)
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the asparagus and water in a 10 inch skillet and place over medium heat, cover.
- Allow the asparagus to steam until tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Reduce heat to low and return the skillet to the heat.
- Add the grape tomatoes to the skillet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and tomatoes then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and replace the lid.
- Allow to sit covered until the cheese is melty and the tomatoes are slightly steamed, about 2-3 minutes.