1/5 Photos of Asparagus on the Side
If your looking for something fresh that celebrates the arrivial of Spring, this is it! Be sure to use softer fresh Parmesan from the deli so that it will be able to melt nicely if at all possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the asparagus and water in a 10 inch skillet and place over medium heat, cover.
- 2Allow the asparagus to steam until tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Reduce heat to low and return the skillet to the heat.
- 3Add the grape tomatoes to the skillet.
- 4Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and tomatoes then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and replace the lid.
- 5Allow to sit covered until the cheese is melty and the tomatoes are slightly steamed, about 2-3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus on the Side
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.1
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 101.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g